Ever since the teaser of Bajrangi Bhaijaan has released, the little and beautiful “Munni” has found an enviable fan base. Though not a new face, Harshali Malhotra a.k.a Munni has got her first big break on the silver screen with Bajrangi Bhaijaan. Needless to say, it gained her quite an exposure along with substantial praise in the industry. According to the Bolly experts, this little girl herself is a crowd puller and responsible for the movie scoring 100 crores within a short span of time.
But, there’s a lot more to it and that’s the s reason why she was the chosen one for such a big budget movie. And here we have some of the unknown facts about her.
1. Harshali Malhotra’s interaction with the camera started at an infant age of 21 months, when she with her mom went to a reputed store chain “Mom & Me” in Delhi. The shop requested her a picture for a contest, which they are supposed to use as a face for their own ads. And, right then the winning journey of Harshali Malhotra started!
2. Following the grand win in the “Mom & Me” contest, Harshali Malhotra started showing her face in several popular ads and a couple of television serial episodes like “Savdhaan” and “Jodha Akbar”, which were enough to gain her a celebrity status at such a tender age.
3. Before sharing the screen with Salman Khan, Harshali Malhotra, the wonder girl has also been a part (though casted in a small role) of the in the forthcoming “Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo”. It was even before she signs “Bajrangi Bhaijaan.” Later, her mom came to know about the release date of the “Prem Rattan…” which was much later than Bajrangi Bhaijan, and requested Khan to convince the director for replacing her with another child artiste. It’s because her mother found doing a small role might result in a detrimental effects to her film career further.
4. Though her family has rarely been in cine theaters or movie hall, Malhotra has once been in the hall, where she first expressed hers heartfelt desire to act on “that screen”.
5. While on break during the shoot, the only thing she used to ask everyone is whether she does not shoot properly.
6. Harshali is dead against the audition session. On many occasions, she has asked her mother that whatever she is to do, she will do on the sets as directed by the director. She was extremely reluctant to perform in the auditions.
7. That’s the reason why Mukesh Chhabra and team made it perfectly sure that her audition did not seem like one. While taking the auditions, the team observed her body language, the way she interacts and other aspects that the directors had asked her to do. And workshops did the rest.
No wonder, she is indeed a wonder girl with lots of qualities and that’s the reason he is here today. Bajrangi Bhaijaan has already become a member of the 100 Crore Club and it’s still running successfully. Let’s see what’s there in store for the movie.